|Duration - 2 Days|
|Estimating and Managing Time & Cost|
Contact us for pricing and availability.
|Audience||This course is designed for:|
- Project managers with limited experience
- Functional managers who support project managers
- Professionals who desire a career in Project Management
|Prerequisites||"Successful Techniques of Project|
Equivalent project management knowledge and experience
|Description||This course is divided into the following modules:|
- Module 1: An Overview of Time and Cost
Management defines the processes for the Time and Cost knowledge
- Module 2: The Estimating Process identifies
fundamental estimating processes to determine a solid project
schedule and baseline.
- Module 3: Creating the Preliminary Schedule
- Module 4: Finalizing the Schedule and
- Module 5: Establishing a Control System
introduces the purpose of the planning, monitoring, and
controlling life cycle.
- Module 6: Evaluating Project Progress
- Module 7: Using Earned Value focuses on the
Earned Value Analysis technique for quantifying project
- Module 8: Identifying Troubled Projects
provides a "real-world" identification model for troubled
projects and corrective action techniques.
This course will incorporate practical hands-on case studies to reinforce the skills taught.
|Performance Objectives||Upon completion of this course, thestudent will be able to:|
- Define the purpose of Time and Cost Management.
- Use the Work Breakdown Structure as a foundation for estimating and control.
- Apply planning tools and techniques for effective time and cost management.
- Establish a comprehensive baseline for effective time and cost management.
- Develop a planning, monitoring, and controlling cycle for your project.
- Use Earned Value Analysis to evaluate and measure time and cost performance.
- Identify characteristics of troubled projects in the executing and controlling phases.
- Apply techniques to bring the project within accepted tolerance levels.
|PMBOK Guide Areas Covered|
|This course covers the following Project Management Knowledge Areas:|
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Risk Management