|Duration - 2 Days
|Successful Techniques of Project Management
Contact us for pricing and availability.
This course is designed for:
Primarily Project Managers and team members. The class is
directed toward Project Managers needing to learn specific
techniques for planning and controlling projects. Project clients,
sponsors, and other stakeholders learn important decision-making
models necessary for supporting Project Managers. Team members learn
project management techniques that can be applied to sub-projects as
well as a common project language and conventions to ensure success.
Advanced Project Managers should consider this class a review.
||This presentation uses a case study in a lecture-discussion format. Then teams of four to five participants practice applying the techniques on a project they select at the beginning of the workshop, thus taking the project from definition through the entire planning process.
|Specific Topics Covered
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Definition of a Project
- Definition of Project Management
- Project Management Phases
- Benefits of Project Management
- The Power of Project Management
- Building a Project Culture
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project
- Executing and Controlling a Project
- Closing a Project
- Course Wrap Up
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define project management and its benefits
- Develop effective project definitions
- Use project management tools and techniques to facilitate communication, decision making, and problem solving